Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Two Dolls Ready For Summer

 Yesterday was a lovely day. The high got to 14.5C Today is going to be nice with a projected high of 16C. This is the last day of sunshine as there are showers in the forecast. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit weed eated the yard again and dug up more dandelions in the lawn. He is getting the job done. 

I worked at cleaning the chair and couch yesterday. The cat hair and dander is triggering my allergies. I did get another area cleaned up before I had to quit for the day. 

There was an increase in the number of new cases of the virus yesterday. 143 to be exact; up by 5. It seems as if they have caught up on the back log but record numbers of people are getting tested daily. Our lock down looks to be longer than than 2 weeks.

Sewing

I did some practice quilting and, if I take my mind off what I am doing, I have jigs and jags. I tried to use the ruler yesterday to do a new design but did it free motion. Lots of practice needed but that is nothing new. 

I finished the 2nd t-shirt and dressed the dolls to show off both outfits. 

I may put 3 small white buttons down the top part of the trim. I want to print the pattern again and do some adjustments. I like to fold over 1/2" on the back for snaps and I'd like to add 1/8" to the neckline as it's easier to turn under and stitch 3/8" over 1/4" (for me). Otherwise the pattern is a winner. 

The test pattern is printed and waiting for me to cut it out and tape together. I should be able to pin it on the fabric this afternoon. 

Knitting

I got 11 rows knit on the body of the test pattern and discovered I had a mistake at row 2. I ripped it out and will knit on it this morning. 

Today

 The grocery shopping is done. I will knit this morning while grandson has virtual school and then will sew in the afternoon. More knitting tonight.

Until the next time.....................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment