Thursday, May 06, 2021

How You Think Something Is Sold Isn't

Yesterday was cloudy with a high of 13C. It started to rain in the early evening and we got just less than 1/2" of rain. This morning it is 4C and dreary looking. Some fog and lots of cloud. The high is to get to 10C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we went shopping. It was very quiet when I got two different batches of potting soil. In and out without waiting or being near to people. Once that was done, we went to get parts for the outside tap. The store was very quiet, we were the only ones in the plumbing department. 

We looked around for what we needed and all I found was the updated version of the tap. I picked it up. We both thought we'd find the parts in a replacement package. Not so. We talked to the person in the plumbing department. He's new to the job and the manager was not coming in until noon. He helped us look and we found some items in packages. The person went down to get help from a plumber who was cutting carpet. That person arrived about 5 minutes later. We had figured out what we needed -- two different types of washers. The young fellow was amazing and told us about our outside tap. We bought the parts and headed home. At home, I put in the parts, tightened the handle, and it works perfectly. One happy customer with parts to return. We entered not knowing what we were looking for and left with more knowledge.

We put out some pots around the shed and it does make the building look nicer. Bright flowers and it will be cheeful out there this summer. 

There were 175 new cases of the virus report yesterday. They processed over 11,000 tests also. We are in the 3rd wave and we will be in lockdown for a lot longer than we thought. It's hard and if it's hard for us, what about the children. 

Sewing

I worked on the test pattern yesterday and got it to a point where taking a picture was impossible. I need to sew a couple of side seams up and do the neckline. Once that is done, it's ready for a picture and I can attach the skirt. I may get it done today, if not tomorrow. 

Knitting

I am almost finished the test pattern. Row 41 was a hard one for me. I had to take it back several times to fix mistakes I'd made. Once I got them fixed, I finished the row by 8 pm. A few more rows and it is done. 

Today

Housework, laundry, sewing and knitting is on the agenda. I'm hoping to get quite a bit done but it remains to be seen if my allergies flair up when I finish cleaning the couch. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment