Friday, May 07, 2021

Working Through Test Patterns

 Yesterday was a colder day with a high of 8C. It was cloudy and the wind was out of northeast. This morning, the sky is quite clear and there is frost at 4C. Hopefully it will be a nicer day today.

Lifestyle

It was clean the living room area yesterday. I finished getting cat hair off the couch (allergy attack) and then moved the furniture to sweep and wash the floor. The couch is covered in blankets and area is clean and tidy. 

The Spousal Unit couldn't do much outside yesterday as it was too cold. It is frustrating for him but it's part of spring on the east coast. 

There were 182 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. More people are in the hospital. Will the restrictions get tougher? We wait and see what will happen in today's briefing. 

Sewing

I spent time working on the test pattern. The sleeve and side seams were sewn together. I attached the lining and the main part together at the neckline, clipped, pressed and I had a bodice that I could photograph. I got the lining hand sewn to 1 of the sleeve seams and stopped. My hand were cramping from gripping the fabric to hold it in place. 

As the bodice is empire line, it is small to hold and hand stitch. But, it is quite cute. 

I have been spending a lot of time putting all the patterns and other items I've downloaded into folders on a My Passport Ultra drive. It has been a lot of work but I'm pleased with were I am. Almost done the downloads and then I will have to go to websites and download the patterns I have on them. Once done, it will be nice to have everything in one place and moveable between two laptops. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater and hat and tried it on the doll. A bit small on Lea. It was a ball of yarn that had the weight (3) and the fiber content but not much more. It felt right but I should have gone up 1 needle size. The yarn is gone and I won't have to deal with it down the road. 


I may remove the buttons and trash it. 

The test pattern is done and ready to be modeled. It is a cute pattern and the little girl will love it as it is trendy. 

Today

Another stay at home day. I want to do more laundry, clean the front entrance, sew on the dress and knit tonight. Hopefully I can finish the test pattern today.

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment