Thursday, May 27, 2021

A Hot Humid Day

 Yesterday was hot and muggy. The high got to 29.3C which is a new record. This morning it is 18C and we could have showers and a thunderstorm. The high is to get to 22C. We do get a cooler night with a frost warning. 

Lifestyle

Though we were tired, we seemed to be on the go all morning. The flower pots were decided upon and put out on the front landing and back deck. The Spousal Unit filled them with potting soil. I got the hoe out and did a bit of cleaning up around the hedge where I've weeded. Once the hedge is weeded, I will hoe it every few days to keep the weeds down. 

I did rest for 45 minutes after lunch and it kept me going until bedtime. 

There were 34 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There is still some community spread in two areas which is a bit worrisome. 

Sewing

I got the binding on the first placemat. I had to do some quilting fix ups as the thread wanted to come unstitched in a couple of places. I need to rethink the quilting. But, I'm thrilled with the results even if the binding is only pinned in place. 

Knitting

The test pattern was completed after I hunted for buttons. 

I won't be knitting this one again but it has grown on me for cuteness.

It fits a bit big but I think that is the style. 

I'm sure the little girl will love it for her dolls. 

I got the sweater knit for the Gotz dolls but I didn't sew it up yet. I was too tired to think about that. 

Today

I am going to clean the family room today, sew on the placemats, and finish up the doll's sweater. I'm hoping to set up another sweater for the Gotz dolls as there are no test patterns on the horizon at the moment. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment