Friday, April 30, 2021

Practicing Wiggles (Again)

 Yesterday was a gorgeous day with a high of 19.8C. The sun shone, there wasn't much wind, and it was gorgeous when outside. Today it is 8C and raining. We do need the rain. 

Lifestyle

We did a curbside pick up of limestone and fertilizer yesterday morning and the Spousal Unit put the limestone on the lawn yesterday afternoon. I was outside trying to use the dandelion removal tool and I was a total flop. At least I gave the Spousal Unit a good laugh. 

We parked the car in the driveway and I swept out the garage. It was nice to get that job done. I will do a deep cleaning out there later on as it needs it. 

There were 70 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Down two days in a row. Our area is very quiet right now with no kids out playing together. We see them in their yards playing alone. People are out walking but social distancing. It's a repeat of this time last year. 

Sewing

I did get down to practice free motion quilting yesterday. I had quite a bit of fun doing it. 

I did the cream wiggles first and then the red ones. I wore quilting gloves and they are wonderful. The more I practice the more I learn. I found setting the speed and pressing the foot pedal to the floor helps with stitch length. I also got a rhythm going and the wiggles got better. I practice going right to left and left to right. I'm going to spray baste another piece of fabric on top and do more practicing. 

I cut out the next pair of leggings and kept a couple of scraps to use on the t-shirt. Otherwise, the girl's leggings are used to their fullest. Onto the plain ones for a t-shirt and ankle length leggings. 

I did watch the Great British Sewing Bee yesterday and it was interesting. 

Knitting

The sweater is knit and ready for buttons. I have enough yarn to knit a beret. I'm waiting for two patterns to test (sewing and knitting) and Facebook is a white page this morning. The knitting pattern is a cute top that will require me to focus on my knitting. I'm fine with that after having a fun and easy knit. 

Today

I have a bit of housework, laundry, and some paper work to do this morning. This afternoon, I will work on the leggings and knit tonight. It is a stay at home day. 

Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment