Monday, May 31, 2021

Placemat #3 Completed

 Yesterday was cloudy and cool in the morning but got to a high of 16C in the afternoon. This morning it is 8C and we've had a shower already. It is suppose to get to 18-19C and be showery all day.

Lifestyle

I was out the door at just after 9 a.m. to finish weeding the road side of the hedge. I finished at 11 a.m. I figure I have pulled about 50 - 5 gallon pails of weeds from that side of the hedge. I've hoed some of the hedge each morning to keep the weeds down. I now have the yard side to weed but it won't take as long. I feel there is a maximum of 10 pails of weeds left to pull. Once done I will hoe it every couple of days. 

The Spousal Unit continues to weed eat the ditch. I had to fix the string on the unit for him. No one touches the string bug me as I've learned through the road of hard knocks how to keep it strung properly. The cord was stuck and once fixed, it worked like a charm. 

There were 20 new cases and 1 death reported yesterday. I will be happy when there are no cases and no deaths reported. There is talk of the Atlantic Bubble happening July 1 but I'm being skeptical. 

Sewing

Placemat #3 is finished. I sat and watched TV while hand sewing the binding down. I'm happy to know they will be done today. 


I got a picture of it lying on remotes. The last one is ready for the binding to be pinned down and hand sewn. 

Once done, I will be working on more t-shirts for the dolls. I'm looking forward to having that project done also. 

Knitting

I cast on the tulip skirt for the next test pattern. It is going to be yarn chicken as I'm not sure if I have enough grey yarn. 

Today

I'm off shortly to get some groceries and will clean house this morning. This afternoon I want to finish the last placemat and knit tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment