Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Adjusting A Pattern Bodice (Pattern Hacking is Fun)

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 25C. We listened to thunder rumbling in the afternoon for about 40 minutes but we didn't get any rain. Today is suppose to be similar to yesterday weather wise. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I took the Spousal Unit for bloodwork and we were home in good time. We really like booking appointments online and hope it continues forward. 

We enjoyed sitting out on the deck and Elliott played brave. He was outside for a bit looking around.

Something rattled on the road and he scurried back into the house. He then remembered how safe it is to lay in the doorway and enjoyed the sun.

He is nothing but a big doormat. We sat outside while he laid in the sunshine. 

The Spousal Unit used the weed eater on the dying dandelions last night. We now can seed that area and water it. 

There were 91 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Though it seems like we may have peaked, there is still concern. We were told the third wave is like a new pandemic. On the up side, the age group to get vaccinated dropped to 30 and up and soon everyone 12 and older will be able to get vaccinated.

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room adjusting the pattern and added to both the front and back bodice pieces. The fit is much better lengthwise. 

I even added to the back. 

And the side seam is straight. 

I added a skirt to see if all was to my liking. 

Not too bad from the front. A few issues when looking at the side view.

I'm going to take 1/8" off the center front, take in the side seams a tiny bit and make the next version of which I will add the puff sleeves. On the whole, I'm very happy with what I have accomplished. A note - this will never be published as it is just for my own use. 

Knitting

I worked on the test pattern last night and had to unknit 1.5 rows due to a mistake. I'm getting there slowly but my brain does not want to click with the pattern. I read it one way and see it another. 

Today

I'm heading out this morning to just weed the hedge. I can trim the bushes once the weeding is done. I need to do a load of laundry also. I want to work on the doll's pattern this afternoon and knit tonight. Another stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment