Saturday, May 29, 2021

Moving Forward

 After a couple of hot days, yesterday was cooler with a high of 12.7C. We had lots of sunshine and a cool wind. Today is suppose to be cloudy with some showers and a high of about 13C. 

Lifestyle

I have been outside a lot lately weeding the dreaded hedge. I'm down to having 9 bushes left to weed around on the road side. The yard side will be easier as there are less weeds. I do use a small hoe and touch up where I've weeded. I'm hoping to keep it weeded using the hoe this summer. I know I will have some hand weeding to do but it should only be a bit here and there. 

The Spousal Unit has done some weed eating in the ditch and mowed the lawn. Grandson will take over weed eating the ditch this summer so the Spousal Unit can focus on the garden and yard. 

On Thursday there were 33 cases of the virus reported and on Friday there were 40 cases and 1 death reported. The reopening of the province plan was talked about and it is going to be slow and steady. It starts on Wednesday with children going back to school, patio dining, shops opening at 25%, and limited numbers in gatherings. In two weeks, they look at the data and decide if to wait longer or move to phase 2. 

What I'm pleased is the lifting of travel restrictions in the province. We still can only go to the Halifax region for essential services but we can shop outside of our community for things we need but haven't shopped for. 

Sewing

I spent two days sewing the binding onto the placemats and got one binding hand sewn down. 

I am pleased with how far I've come and wish I could practice more free motion quilting. 

I sat my machine down level into the sewing cabinet to try and free motion quilt. Height wise it is perfect but I don't have enough flat space to hold onto the fabric. There is too much air around the machine bed (narrow). I have the machine back up where it was. 

Knitting

The sweater for the Gotz dolls was too small so I am ripping it out as I knit a new pattern for them. I bought this designer's patterns about 3 years ago and forgot that I needed to go up a needle size. 

The new sweater's sleeves are knit with the bottom 2/3rds in the grey (natural) and the top in golden green. The bottom of the sweater is in the grey and I had it done to 5 rows and found a mistake. I ripped it out and started again. I'm 4 rows short of starting the golden green.  

Today

I want to weed 4 more bushes in the hedge, hand sew the binding down on one placemat, and knit. It is another day at home. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment