Monday, May 10, 2021

Another T-Shirt Completed

Yesterday was warmer at 13.5C but felt cool due to the wind. We did see some sunshine during the day. And we saw some showers. This morning it is 4C and the sun is shining. We could see 15C with an occasional shower during the day. 

Lifestyle

I got the books done to paying the bills. It didn't take long as we haven't been doing much extra shopping. 

Daughter-in-law was in to see us in the morning with cinnamon buns. They were yummy. Son and grandson were in late in the afternoon with peanut butter cookies. It was nice to see family even if we have to social distance on Mother's Day.

The Spousal Unit worked some on the puzzle and we went for a short drive. Everything was very quiet as people are only doing what is necessary in the community. 

There were 165 cases of the virus reported yesterday. I'm sure the numbers will be high for a while longer as there are still over 7000 people getting tested daily. We will hunker down and get what we need locally. 

Sewing

I finished the t-shirt yesterday and am very pleased with it. 

I handled the fabric carefully and had minimal stretch at the neckline and none when I hemmed the sleeves. 

The pattern is well drafted (and free) and doing the few drafting alterations has given me a pattern I like. Next up will be making the Gotz dolls some t-shirts after I do the drafting alterations. 

I got 2 pairs of leggings cut out and seem to have enough fabric for 2 pairs of capris. There isn't enough fabric for any more t-shirts unless I see if I can make a sleeveless one. Print out the pattern again and do the drafting. 

Knitting

I started sewing the pieces of the sweater together and knit the front bands. I only have the sleeves to set in and it is done. The sweater took most of the 100 grams of wool I had on hand. I won't make this one again as it is labor intensive and a wool hog. 

Today

I need to do a few things inside including cleaning the pantry and then I'd like to weed and trim another shrub in the hedge. It will be sewing this afternoon and finishing up the sweater tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment