Thursday, May 20, 2021

An Up and Down Day

Yesterday was a cold day with a high of 10.7C. The wind was cold and it made one feel miserable outside. This morning, it is 8.7C and we are suppose to see 20C. 

Lifestyle

With the cold weather, came grumpy people. Nothing wanted to work properly, tempers were short, and we were tired. We retreated to our corners and out of each others way. 

There were 83 new cases of the virus and 2 deaths reported yesterday. There was a significant number of recoveries which is positive. All schools are closed to in-class learning for this year (virtual learning only) and our restrictions are in effect until at least mid June. 

Sewing

Though tired, I did sew the bodice on a dress for the Gotz dolls. I am pleased with the final alterations to the pattern at this time. 

I may have to add the 1/16" to the bottom of the bodice front and back but I'm not worrying about that until the dress is done. The sleeves are cute and go in easily. I did change how I hemmed them by serging and turning up 3/8" rather than double hemming 1/4" Inserting the elastic was easier. 

The side seam is straight and the bottom of the bodice flows much better. 

I spent some time on that part using skills I learned when taking Pattern Academy. 

The back is perfect. I didn't take any more off the center back. 

I'm ready to trace the final pattern for my use. 

Knitting

I dropped a stitch and had to rip out many, many rows and am still undoing more rows. What a disappointment but it is life. I'll stay calm and reknit it as fast as I can. 

Today

Grocery shopping is done and we now wait for our doctor's appointments by phone. I have laundry to fold. I want to work on the doll's dress and knitting tonight. Another stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment