Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Busy Day

 We've had some nice days though yesterday was very windy. Yesterday's high was 21.6C. This morning it was 12C at 6 a.m. and it is suppose to get to 28C with a humidex of 34C. We then get moisture and cooler weather for a few days. 

Lifestyle

I have been weeding the dreaded hedge and have 16 plants to do on the road side and then I move to the yard side. It has less weeds as I do a big weed on the road side reaching through to the yard side. On a nice day, I can do 3 bushes before I get too hot and tired. 

The number of new virus was 45 on Monday and 54 on Tuesday. There have been no deaths for 2 days. We are coming down the backside of the third wave quickly but we are still in full lockdown. We will know more about the reopening plan on Friday. 

Sewing

I have the 4 placemats quilted and I've learned a few things when I do them again. Two placemats have drag on the horizontal piece and, on the last one, I stitched in the ditch on both sides first. Then I did the vertical lines and moved on to the other lines. 

First quilt and horizontal band not done first.

Though I used 3 different feet when quilting, I made sure the walking foot was attached. It made a big difference in feeding the fabric through. I wasn't afraid to take out rows of stitching if I wasn't happy. 

All the stitches on the right side were removed and redone for better spacing.

I'm happy enough with this pattern I am going to make 6 Christmas placemats when I can go shopping for the three plains fabrics I need.  

With the lockdown, I have not bought any fabric and I doubt if I will get any bought until sometime in June. I'm happily using up what I have on hand.

Knitting

The outfit is done except for buttons. I need to dig deep into the button bin to find buttons that will look good on this outfit. 

I knit on the sweater for the Gotz doll and am happily working my way up the body of the sweater. It will get done some day; maybe sooner than later. 

Today

I'm not sure if I will weed today. It depends on the temperature. If I don't, I will do housework. In the sewing room, I'm going to do binding and I'll knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment