Monday, May 03, 2021

More Sewing With Knits

 The weather has been damp and cool. Yesterday it got to 15C but it was cloudy until late afternoon. The wind was cold. This morning it is 5C and windy. The sun is shining and is suppose to all day and the high is to be 14C. 

Lifestyle

I started to clean the living room area. I am trying to get the cat hair off the furniture (Thanks Elliott) and am having some success using a scrunge and lint remover. Elliott is a constant shedder and I'm going to have to put more blankets on the couch. 

Yard work has been slow due to the weather and the Spousal Unit gets impatient. He wants to do more than the weather permits. He has been digging up dandelions in the lawn and it does help keep him amused. He did get the lime on prior to the rain so it's doing its job. 

I didn't loose any weight this week. I'm sure it's because I sat more and moved less. I'm not upset as it could be a plateau. I've lost every week but 2. 

Our case counts are up. 148 on Saturday and 133 on Sunday. People are getting tested and on Saturday there were about 45,000 swabs backlogged. Younger people are getting sick now and we hope they get well quickly. 

Sewing

I did more free motion quilting practice. It wasn't my best but I'm still practicing. I got out the table runner as I want to do wiggles across it. 

It was a mystery quilt project that I did in Ashcroft. I made it and had no idea how to quilt it. I used fabric I had on hand and it would have looked great in our Ashcroft home. Not so much here. A great piece to practice on.

I cut out the t-shirt to go with the last pair of leggings I made. The piece down the front helps make it an outfit. 

I used the correct foot on the machine and had no issues sewing it to this point. 

A new pattern is out to test and I have to launder the fabric before I can sew it. I'm doing the simplest view. I'm not as keen on the other view with only a week to sew this in. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater and beret. I really had to hunt for the buttons. I have 1 left over. I have to give the hem a shot of steam and then do pictures. 

I started the next test pattern and got both sleeves done. So far, very cute.

Today

I am going to continue cleaning the living room and remove more cat hair. I want to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. Life is boring when you are in lock down.

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment