Saturday, May 08, 2021

Back To "House Bubbles" Only

 Yesterday had a high of 12C. The sun shone and there was some cool winds. It was a nice day in all. This morning it is 3C, cloudy and rain is in the forecast. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned the stairs and front entry. It is nice to have that area clean. Once done, I headed outside to weed and trim one of the bushes in the dreaded hedge. I got it done by lunch time. My shoulders and butt muscles hurt.

The Spousal Unit was busy outside weeding and mowing. He mowed the whole lawn and did some dandelion weeding on top of it. 

There were 227 new cases of the virus and one death reported yesterday. There are another 200 cases of the virus that need putting into the system. As a result, restrictions have been tightened up in the province. We are back in our own bubble and have been advised it is only essential shopping. School remain closed, travel in and out of the province is restricted and the list goes on. This is until the end of May when it will be reviewed. We are in the 3rd wave of the virus.

We are trying to keep positive as we know these restrictions are for everyone's benefit. Like others in the province, we will be limiting our movement, and doing our part to keep ourselves and others healthy and safe. 

Sewing

I sewed yesterday afternoon and got the test pattern done. 

It is a cute pattern but I doubt if I will make it again. The Regency era isn't my favorite for fashion. Also, I have so many patterns to sew, I shouldn't be making patterns a second time. 

Knitting

I got the sweater photographed and it is quite cute. I know the little girl will love it. 

I didn't add any ribbons to the sleeves or front as I loved the simple look. 

I did more knitting on the Daisy stitch sweater last night. I can only do 8-10 rows before my hand start cramping. It's the daisy stitch that does it to me. I am about 15 rows from finishing the sleeve though. 

Today

I am going to clean the kitchen today so it's shiny. Laundry will be done while I'm cleaning. It is clean the sewing room day and I hope to start on the next t-shirt pattern for the dolls. I also printed the bodice off for a pattern for the Gotz girls to see if it will fit them. If it does, I have one more bodice in the collection for them. More knitting tonight. I'm not weeding today as it is cold and windy out there. It will be there when it warms up again. 

Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment