Saturday, May 22, 2021

Off The Property

 Yesterday was a gorgeous warm day with a high of 23. 6C. There was plenty of sunshine and a bit of wind. This morning it was 13C at 6 a.m. and we are to have showers today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I was outside in good time and weeded 3 of the bushes in the dreaded hedge. That was 2 - 5 gallon pails worth of weeds pulled. The bushes look much better than the ones beside them. Every little bit helps.

We were out after my spell weeding and picked up my thyroid pills and blood requisition and stopped at another place. The two grocery stores were busy; one having a line up of 10+ people waiting to get in. We went for a short drive and was home by noon. It was good to get off the property for part of a day. On part of our drive, we saw an apple orchard in bloom. Some of the trees had snow white bloom while the rest had the soft pink/cream blooms.

We sat out on the patio with the umbrella up and enjoyed a short break out there after lunch. It was nice to be out on the deck and we hope we can use it more this summer. 

We love our zero balance chairs. 

There were 84 new cases of the virus and 2 deaths reported yesterday. The number of cases recovering was 197 which was great. There is an expectation that the 500 000 shot of the vaccine will be given today. 

Sewing

I finished up the dress and am very pleased with it. 

I am going to remove 1/16" from the bottom of the bodice front and back when I draw the final pattern. 

I got the fabric for the cat placemats washed and dried so I can start them. I am using this tutorial to make them. I may do the quilting as the designer did. I really need to practice more wiggles before I put them on a good item. 

Knitting

Knitting went well and I'm doing the collar. Ten rows and I can sew the shoulder seams and pick up the stitches around the armholes. I will be happy when this project is done. The dropped stitch was the worst nightmare as I had not one but 3 dropped stitches by the time I got done frogging the sweater back. 

Today

As we are to have showers today, I am doing housework this morning. I want to cut out the place mats in the afternoon and start sewing them and knit tonight. We are home all day today as it is the start of the long weekend. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment