Sunday, May 16, 2021

Upset But Moving On

 Yesterday was one glorious day. The sun shone, the wind kept it feeling nice, and the high got to 19.4C. By evening it was hard to believe we had had a touch of frost during the night. This morning it is cloudy and 10C. 

Lifestyle

Blogger's issue was something that happened to a lot of people. I was definitely upset. All 9 posts have been reinstalled. I decided not to change my format for the time being. And I will blog as usual. In the end, I was more upset that nothing was announced about what happened. I had to search for the reason. But, I'm moving on from that.

I used my being upset to my advantage though. I went out and spent 90 minutes weeding and trimming the dreaded hedge. I now have 6 bushes done. There are 3 more that need a lot of work and then some that will be easy to do. Then to tackle the other 2/3 of the hedge. I did calm down and know I can finish this job up this spring and keep it in good shape this summer. 

We celebrated our 50th anniversary yesterday by ourselves. We had Subway for dinner so neither of us had to do the dishes. We are in lock down so couldn't have any form of celebration. Later on when it's opened up again. 

Our numbers of cases are going down. There were 86 new cases yesterday, the lowest since the lock down. There are community clusters of the virus outside the Halifax area which is concerning. One area is where we do our essential shopping. We are monitoring the sites of exposure before we head out to shop there when absolutely necessary. 

Sewing

I finished the test outfit. I learned a bit more about knits including top stitching seams. One thing I did learn was to sew slowly on knits so they don't stretch out of shape. 

The skirt was a delight to make though I would hand sew the waistband down rather than top stitch. I need to dip the skirt in water and let is dry so it doesn't look so tent like. I do like this outfit a lot. My only disappointment with the skirt was not having the right colored thread and had to use a darker thread. 

Knitting

I started knitting a sweater for the Gotz dolls. I have knit it before and realized I used needles that are too small. I have this sweater on bigger needles and it is looking good. I have done the 2 sleeves and the bottom 12 rows of the body. It is now put aside to knit another test sweater. I have it cast on and 15 rows knit. 

Upon looking at my yarn, I'm getting short of weight 2 yarn. I have about 1 ball of 3 different colors left. This is one yarn weight that I will have to buy/order. 

Today

I am going to work in the house today as we have had showers already this morning. I will do some housework, clean the sewing room, and lay out the next project. I'm hoping to do some practice of wiggles today. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment