Sunday, May 30, 2021

Another Good Day

 Yesterday was a cool day with a high of 11.7C. The sun shone in the morning and then it rained in the afternoon. Today will be a repeat of yesterday. 

Lifestyle

I was out early to weed the hedge and got 4 bushes weeded. It was a big job - 4.5 pails of weeds pulled. But, there are only 5 to go on the road side and I'm done. The yard side will be easier as there are less weeds and I can do a combination of hoeing and hand pulling. 

The Spousal Unit did some weed eating in the ditch. It is looking good and will be ready for grandson to take over when school is done. 

We had 33 new cases and 4 deaths reported yesterday. One death was a person in their 20's. Very scary and so important to get vaccinated. We are now waiting to see if we can get our 2nd dose earlier than planned. 

Sewing

I hand sewed the binding down on the 2nd placemat yesterday. It took me quite a while but I'm happy I can do it in one afternoon. 

I sit in the family room and watch TV while I hand sew. Of course that gets ideas flowing in my head for decorating the house. 

Yesterday's idea came from watching an episode of Home Town. The house was painted mainly white though the dining room's paint was terra cotta. The colors used in the soft furnishing and pictures was navy and terra cotta. Such an impact on the look. I'm really thinking about our house and may go down that route. 

Knitting

I am working on the sweater for the Gotz dolls. I redid the green twice yesterday before I got it done correctly. I'm now working on the shaping and I'm sure I will be talking out loud as I knit each row. It really helps me get the stitches correct. If I don't, I have to unknit and fix the mistakes. 

I have at test pattern to start today so the sweater will get a rest and the Spousal Unit will not have to listen to me talk while I knit. 

Today

 I am going out to weed the last 5 bushes on the road side, do the binding on the 3rd placemat, and knit tonight. We are staying home until Wednesday when restrictions are lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment