Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Take 3 Of the Bodice

 Yesterday's high got to 22C. That was around noon. In the afternoon, a cool wind came in and the temperature dropped. We had thunder and in the evening, hail and rain joined the thunder. It came in fast and we watched it in amazement. It rained again later in the evening. 

Lifestyle

I went out in the morning and weeded the part of the hedge I had been working on. I stopped before I got both sides done due to the heat. Though not trimmed, that part of the hedge looks amazingly nice. I have 3-4 days of weeding left to finish the hedge. 

The Spousal Unit and I went and got more grass seed, watered the lawn and had to quit when the storm rolled in. It is ready to seed today. We got the rain we wanted which was a bonus. It has also washed down the pollen which is affecting my allergies. 

There were 90 cases of the virus reported yesterday and 180 people have recovered. Hopefully the numbers will continue to decline and we get over this 3rd wave. There are over 70 000 people to be vaccinated this week. 

Sewing

I got some time in the sewing room. I trimmed some off the pattern and made a new bodice muslin. 

I didn't put elastic in the sleeves as I didn't want to waste resources. The length at the front is much better with 1/16" removed. 

The side seams are nice and straight. I need to fix up the front or back so it blends better to the back. 

I'm looking at the back and may take another 1/4" off the back seam. 

When done I will have a bodice that I can adapt the neckline. Next up will be to figure out sleeves that fit in smoothly. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the pattern that my brain would not wrap itself around. I've divided the pattern and am working on one of the fronts. 

Today

I'm putting on a load of laundry this morning, checking to see if I can weed the hedge for an hour, sewing a full dress for the dolls, and knitting tonight. No plans to go anywhere today. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment