Wednesday, May 12, 2021

More Doll Leggings Done

 Tuesday was a lovely day with a high of 15.7C. There was plenty of sunshine and very little wind. Wednesday morning it was 4C at 6 a.m. and we had it 18C with 1/2" of rain. This morning it is 7C, cloudy but the weather is to improve during the day. 

Lifestyle

On Monday, I organized the pantry and have moved stuff down to the basement and stuff we needed upstairs. I shopped this morning and we hope we have enough for a good 10-12 days. 

I also got a second shrub in the dratted hedge weeded and pruned yesterday. Took me an hour to do it but the two look so nice. They are in the middle of the hedge as I am working towards one end and then the other. I am finding an hour is a good amount of time to spend on it as I'm not too tired or sore when done. 

Yesterday, I was out shopping at 7 a.m. and after breakfast we had to head out to get the Spousal Unit new glasses. His old ones broke. I was in and out of the store in 10 minutes. No other shopping done as there was nothing else essential that we needed. 

There were 118 new cases of the virus reported yesterday, down from 121 the day before.  Are we out of the wood? No we aren't as the numbers could go up again. 

Sewing

I got the last 2 pairs of leggings sewn on Monday and Tuesday. I would have been done on Monday but discovered the plain ones were done inside out. I had to pick them apart yesterday and resew them correctly. 

Monday's leggings made an outfit that reminded me of pajamas. 

The second pair go with the t-shirt I made and after remaking them they turned out great. 

I printed out the pattern again so I can make sleeveless t-shirts from the remaining leggings fabric. I've got the back piece done and need to do the front piece. There will be 4 pairs of leggings and 5 t-shirts. And a lot more knowledge of how to sew knits. 

Knitting

The first sleeve is in the Daisy Chain sweater and I'm ready to do the 2nd sleeve. It isn't hard, it's time consuming. I will continue to do some each night then block it and put on the buttons. 

Today

I'm going to do a bunch of housework this morning and work on the t-shirts this afternoon. It is too wet to work outside and there is to be showers this morning. It is an inside day for us. 

Until the next time......................................


No comments:

Post a Comment