Sunday, November 22, 2020

Working On Projects

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day that gave us a high of 14C. This morning it is -4C and the sun is going to shine again today. It will be cooler though with a high of 3C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I cleaned the bedroom once again. With Elliott loving to look out the window in our bedroom, I even cleaned his lovely marks off it. It was lovely to have the room cleaned up once again.

The Spousal Unit was outside in the morning raking the prickly hedge trimmings up. It was good to have him active for the morning. He was out with son in the afternoon for a drive. They went to a new winery in the Gaspreau Valley. He enjoyed the trip as it goes through agricultural country. 

There were 8 new cases of the virus reported yesterday and all were in the Halifax area. There have been 20 reports of exposure in that area which is scary. Restrictions begin tomorrow. New Brunswick reported 23 new cases yesterday and the province could move back to their orange level of restrictions. Have we let down our guard in the Maritimes? Have we become too complacent? Or are there people out there who don't care and will do as they please? With a person coming back with the virus to New Brunswick from a Mexican holiday, you can guess which one I am going to choose. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room and got one sleeve in the dress. I actually put it in twice as I had issues the first time. I actually missed the seam when sewing it the first time and had a big gapping hole.


I guessed at how to do the band on the sleeve. For me it was sew the seam to the bottom, turn up 1/4" and fold over to hide the seam allowance and hand stitch in place. 

I am waiting for the instructions on the neckline as there were none. If none comes in the next couple of days, I have a plan on how I will do it. More hand sewing.

I fiddled with the skirt and the front bodice seams and the skirt pleats line up perfectly. I will have to check the back ones before I sew the skirt on. With hopes of getting it done this weekend, I certainly missed the mark. 

Knitting

I knit a bit on the head band for the doll. I have 8 rows done now. 


The pattern is starting to show and I'm liking it. I will keep on knitting it between work on the messy bun hats. 

The messy bun hat is coming along nicely. I did a few rows last night on it and would like it done by tomorrow night. I still have a grey one to knit. 

Today

More housework, sewing and knitting. I need to get the Christmas wreath out, put the lights on it and hang it up. A short drive to family to deliver masks this afternoon. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment