Thursday, November 12, 2020

Another Warm Day

 Yesterday was another lovely day with more clouds and a high of 22C. We broke another record. We even had a humid of 24C which is unusual for November. The weather stayed warm all night and finally started to cool off this morning. It was 19C at 6 a.m. It is suppose to cool off and rain today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I cleaned the kitchen and it is spotless. All the surfaces got disinfected as I was in that kind of mood. I washed the floor and it was dirty. You can't see the dirt on brown tiles. I knew it was going to be dirty as we've been in and out the back door a lot. I finished at noon. 

The Spousal Unit finished mowing the lawn yesterday and is hoping it is the last time for this year. We have never mowed lawns this late in the year. 

There were two more cases of the virus reported yesterday. They were reported as being close contacts of an earlier case. There are 20 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room cleaning it up. I did a good basic job of putting things away and having things in their right places. I swept the whole floor and it was dusty and dirty. It is ready to wash and then I can sew. 

I looked in the closet at the doll's stash and I really need to sew more of it up. Daughter sent me 4 more pieces of cotton for the dolls and one will be on the cutting table before Christmas. I was going to make one pattern but I may do another one. I will have to purchase the 2nd pattern as I don't own it. My idea is based on this dress that Eve Coleman (Keeper Dolly Duds) designed and made. 

Keeper Dolly Duds Prairie Ruffles

Not only is Eve Coleman a fabulous designer, she is an expert seamstress as well. And she has a fabulous eye for color and pattern. 

Knitting

I happily knit on the doll's dress last night and I am liking it. I don't have a lot left to knit before I start on the sleeves. 


Once done, I will have to start knitting a cat sweater for daughter's cat. 

Today

The first job is to wash the sewing room's floor and then tackle the bathroom and clean it. I'm trying to clean the house once again as I love it when it's clean. I hope to start masks this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment