Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Mask Making Once Again

 The weather has gone from warm (17C), wet, and windy on Monday to cool on Tuesday to -8C this morning. There were even a few flurries yesterday morning. It is crazy out there. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I was out shopping at 7 a.m. It was very quiet with only 2 of us in the store but I got most everything and rain checks for two items. 

Housework is coming along slowly. I am down to the living room and I get to repeat it all over again. But this time I hope to include cleaning the basement a bit at a time. With the upstairs looking much better, I can start doing some deep cleaning in the basement. 

We are hunkering down for the next 2 weeks. There were 11 cases of the virus reported on Monday and 37 on Tuesday. All but 2 are in the Halifax region. Restrictions are such in there that we are being asked not to travel in and out of the region unless it is essential. Then it is in and out. Many places have shut down again and other things are being limited. Testing numbers are up as the health team is doing rapid tests now. 

There are now 4 cases in schools; the latest in a school in a community where we buy some of our meat. The school has been closed for the rest of the week. 

We are getting our wake up call and, though we have been following all the restrictions, we will be out less starting tomorrow. 

Sewing

Monday morning we went to the quilt shop to get some fabric. They had decreased the number of people in the shop and you had to leave your name and phone number for contact tracing. They have shut their door to in-store shopping unless your name is on a list (mine is) and you can shop by appointment only. I did a bit of stocking up in hopes I can last for a month.

I spent several good hours in the sewing room and finished 3  masks for a friend on the west coast. He is the manager of the dairy section in the store where we use to live. I had fun buying the fabric for these masks and did a lot of fussy cutting. 


The three masks have nose wires and adjustable elastics. 


Next up is 2 more masks with holiday embroidery on them. I want to ship them out on Friday. 

Next up - curtains that need to be shortened. 

Knitting

I have almost finished the second hat. 


I can start the 6 rows of decreasing and cast off. Then I see what I knit next -- another one of these or a new pattern. I also need to knit on the doll's test pattern. 

Today

We are heading down to New Minas to look for a lamp for the puzzle table. Not sure what we are going to get but it will be something. I would like to find a bulb for the light I use at the sewing machine and put it on the puzzle table also. Once home, I hope to sew and and knit. It is the beginning of us hunkering down. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment