Thursday, November 19, 2020

Working on More Projects

 We have had our fair share of weather. Rain, snow flurries, sunshine, cold, and wind. Yesterday we had snow flurries, sunshine, wind, and cold. The high got to -1C. This morning it is -4C and clear. Another cool day for us. 

Lifestyle

On Tuesday I did the budget and paid bills. An all morning job as there was a lot of paper to handle. But it is done and I am happy that job is done. 

Yesterday we headed out to shop. We went to the co-op for apples, the book store for books and into town for groceries. It was a perfect day for it as the sun shone the whole time we were out. 

The number of cases of the virus is going up daily, there were 3 new cases yesterday and 5 the day before. The number of active cases is 24 as of yesterday. We did a bit of stocking up of groceries and will be monitoring what we need to do in the next while. I need to finish Christmas shopping and get more groceries.

Sewing

I worked on the doll's dress on Tuesday afternoon. It is coming along quite well. 


I have just pinned the skirt front to the bodice and will be tweaking it a bit. I'm ready to do the collar, sleeves, and lining. 

We were to the quilting shop yesterday and I got cording for piping and 2 pieces of fabric. I have to go back and get another two pieces of fabric and then call it quits for a while. I have a game plan in place for one gift. I will be ready to stay home and sew on a daily basis for the next several weeks. 

Knitting

I finished one messy bun hat. I'm quite pleased with it. 


I started the next one and the colors are amazing. The yarn is not plied and a pain to knit but I am perservering. 


I also started a head band for the dolls from a test pattern. I cast on the stitches and got the first two rows knit. Next row begins the daisy stitch pattern. I am not changing colors as the pattern shows but am using a variegated yarn for a totally different effect. 

Today

I am out for about 15 mins this morning, back to do laundry, sew this afternoon and knit tonight. We are home for the next several days. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment