Monday, November 23, 2020

Another Test Pattern Completed

 Though yesterday had sunshine, it was cool. The high got to 3C. This morning, it is cloudy and 1C. We are to get to 13C and could see as much as 1" of rain fall before tomorrow morning. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was spent cleaning the bathroom, small hallway and front entrance. Bonus - the kitchen floor got swept and a load of laundry was done. 

Masks were delivered yesterday afternoon and we looked at the renovations being done to the upstairs of the family's house. It looks amazing with the new open plan for the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I love the wall color that was chosen. 

There were 11 more cases of the virus announced yesterday. All in the Halifax area. The places of exposure were listed and it is mainly restaurants, pubs, fitness centers and stores we don't go to. We are still deciding if I will go in or not; we are weighing the pros and cons. 

Sewing

I finished the dress and am happy with it. I fumbled my way through the pattern where there were little to no instructions and I'm impressed with how well I did. 

The center back only had 1/4" fold over and I like 1/2" when the bodice is not lined. It closes funny due to the lack of fabric. 

I did get the plaid to match except under one arm (bodice only). Not sure what happened there but it is frustrating. 


It isn't a pattern that I will make again. Most often I feel like this when testing a pattern unless I feel over the moon with the results. 

I'm now ready to start shortening drapes for family's bedroom. Measure, wash, dry, shorten. I have 4 panels to do so it won't take too long. I will have to clean the sewing room and cutting table for this project. 

Knitting

I knit away on the messy bun hat last night and could be 8 rows from decreasing. One more hat to go and then I can start a new pattern I got for free. Another messy bun hat that I will knit for daughter. I also have to knit on the doll's sweater and headband but I doubt it will be done in time for test deadline. 

Today

We need to go to the quilt shop for a bit of fabric, into our community for a couple of things, and then home for the rest of the day. I need to tidy up the sewing room so I can start curtains, do some planning, and knit. With the rain coming, it is a good day to be home. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment