Sunday, November 29, 2020

A Good and Bad Day

 Yesterday was a nice late fall day. The high got to 8C. This morning it is 3C and the high will be 5C. 

Lifestyle

I got the wreath out of the basement, took off the old lights, put on the new ones, and hung it on the front door. After doing all that, I forgot to turn on the lights last night. I also got out the ribbon and big cones to put into the pot to give it the Christmas look. All is done at our house for outside decorating. 

The dyson vacuum clean got hauled upstairs so I could clean the furniture. We got the machine 12 years ago when we had dogs and it works wonders. I got half of the couch done yesterday using several tools and lots of patience. The blankets got laundered and are back on that part of the couch. Elliott isn't sure about this process as he hates that vacuum cleaner. 

I washed the curtains that I am to shorten and it was a disaster. The black out lining stuck to itself and I had to take it apart not only after taking it out of the washer but the dryer. I'll talk to daughter-in-law today to see if we go ahead and shorten them or if she gets new ones for me to shorten. One thing -- those curtains are really clean now. 

There were 14 cases of the virus reported yesterday with 3600 tests being done along with 670 rapid tests. I'm sure we will see more cases with so many tests being done. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's dress and it went into the garbage can. I could not get the collar to work no matter what I did. It was where the two collars met at the center front. I had raw edges showing or they didn't meet. After several tries, it was time to admit defeat.

I kept the waist band that I had embroidered along with the ties. 


I have enough fabric to make another dress and will use this around the waist of the dress. Ideas are floating in my head but I do know I will use the basic dress pattern. I would like to add a simple sleeve to the dress so it is a winter dress.

I ordered two patterns online yesterday and downloaded them to look at. I am going to sew them up once Christmas sewing is done. There is a skirt, sleeveless top, and bibbed overalls/dress. I hope to add more to make them into outfits. 

I tried to order Addy yesterday and I'm getting a message about her accessories not shipping to my home address. I've emailed the company but know I won't hear from them until Monday at the earliest. It is Thanksgiving in the US. 

Knitting

I knit on the messy bun hat and am 8 rows from starting the decreasing rows. 


If the lady doesn't like this one, I am keeping it for myself. The next one is denim blue. 

Today

I am going to try and get the rest of the couch vacuumed this morning. This afternoon we are going to see the new cupboards in family's house and tonight will be knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment