Thursday, November 05, 2020

Messy Bun Hat Turned Toque Completed

 Though yesterday was cool, there was very little wind and quite a bit of sunshine. The low yesterday morning was 6C and the high was 3C. This morning it was 5C at 6 a.m. and the high is to get to 11-12C today. It is the start of double digit numbers for us. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did a bit of clean up in the kitchen. It is getting cleaner though I do need to do more. Time change has killed me though I am starting to turn the corner and sleeping better. 

I also made a stew and it was delicious when we had it for dinner last night. We will finish it off tonight. 

There were 4 more cases of the virus reported yesterday and there are 19 active cases. Most of the cases are travel related and the rest are contacts. They are still saying no community spread. 

Sewing

I got the top ready for buttons, snaps and ribbon. I cut out the pants and got quite a bit sewn on them. No pictures yesterday as the pants are not ready to put on the doll. 

Knitting

I finished the messy bun hat except that I made it into a toque. It turned out perfect in my mind. 


The designer in Halifax posted another pattern to test. It is quite interesting with a pattern on the bodice front and the skirt is cables. I will start it tonight as I have nothing else on my needles. 

The forever sweater is going downstairs so I can finish it when I do the top of the sailor outfit. 

Today

Another day of cleaning, some laundry, sewing, and knitting. I am going to dig out the Christmas lights so I can put them up one warm afternoon. We are trying to stay close to home at this time. There are things to do to get ready for winter, the house to clean, and sewing/puzzles to do. 

Until the next time.................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment