Friday, November 13, 2020

Christmas Masks Begun

 Yesterday started off warm and by 8:00 a.m. it was raining. It cooled off all day and was raining at 8:30 p.m. last night. This morning it is 3C and it will remain cool today. Tonight it is suppose to rain again. 

Lifestyle

I headed downstairs and washed the sewing room floor. It was dirty as we wear shoes downstairs all the time. It was nice to have it clean and ready for sewing. 

We went out for a bit after I did the floor. We renewed our library cards; our first trip into the library since late February. There was one other person so the Spousal Unit had a quick look around before we left. We will go back another day so he can take out some books. 

Once home, I cleaned the bathroom and finished laundry. It was a busy morning for us. 

There were no cases of the virus reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I spent time in the sewing room cutting out two masks. I finished one and almost finished the second one. 


I have nose wires and put them in both of the masks. I also used the adjustable elastic and sewed them together rather than knotting. Next I will be cutting out one more mask from this pattern and make it up. After that, I will be making more masks using a different pattern. All are Christmas themed. 

I got another pattern to test. I will be using a plaid fabric and embroidering on it. I will start it on Monday as it will take time and I will have to work on masks at the same time.

Knitting

I worked on the dress last night and am close to finishing it. Three more rows on the skirt and then the sleeves. They are short so only 6 rows of knitting. I have enjoyed knitting this dress and can't wait to try it on one of the dolls. 

Today

Grandson and I are going into the city to do his Christmas shopping. I will be doing more of mine also. I hope I only have to go in once more and be done. Tonight I hope to work more on my knitting. I doubt if any sewing will get done. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment