Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Easy Cables On The Dress

 Yesterday started out cloudy but warm and turned out to be sunny with a high of about 16C. This morning it is sunny and 8C at 6 am and 13C at 7:30 a.m. The high is to get to 20C or better. 

Lifestyle

I went shopping yesterday and got a few Christmas presents and a bunch of groceries. By the time I left (near noon), it was getting quite busy. I made one stop in Sackville on the way home and what I wanted was not what I had thought it would be. It was ugly. I will do a couple of other stores when I take grandson in on Friday. 

I was in and out of the house in the afternoon only to enjoy the sunshine on the back deck. It was lovely outside. 

The Spousal Unit is excited that the garlic has sprouted and the little green shoots are showing above the soil. They are covered with burlap to help protect them from the cold this winter. 

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday afternoon. I was too tired from a poor night's sleep. The hat remains unfinished. 

Knitting

I worked on the dress yesterday and the cables are quite easy to do. 


Each cable is to put the first stitch onto a cable needle in the front, knit 2 stitches and then knit the stitch of the cable needle. I have done 3 repeats of the cable and enjoyed the process. 

Today

Along with housework, I want to hang the Christmas lights as it is a warm day. I also want to finish the sailor's hat and knit on the dress. It is a stay at home day. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment