Friday, November 27, 2020

This Round Of Masks Completed

 Though yesterday was cloudy and wet, the temperature rose during the day. The temperature this morning is 13C and the sun is going to shine. We are to get a high of 14C.

Lifestyle

I headed to the sewing room early to get a mask made. I'm glad I did but more on that later. 

There were 14 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Two of them are outside the Halifax region; one down in the valley and one in the north region. At the moment, we have hunkered down with only shopping locally. 

Sewing

I was down to the sewing room early and started the last mask. It wasn't my best but it is done. 

I spent a great deal of time choosing the thread colors and I am happy with them. I am not happy with the placement of the embroidery on the mask. 


The embroidery needs to be lower. The placement is my own mistake. I did not print out the pattern and place it on the mask to determine. I will be printing the design and another pattern piece so I can do this mask once again in January. Truthfully, I am my own biggest critic.

I am going to order Addy and she will probably not arrive until January. She is back ordered until Dec. 4. I am okay with that as I have other sewing to do first. 

Knitting

I knit and unknit on the doll's headband. I made a mistake and caught it before I got too far along the next row. 

I also cast on another messy bun hat. This one is shades of grey. The ribbing rows (9 rows) are knit and I am ready to start the pattern.

I will put the ones not sold into a box and sell them. I am thinking that I will knit up a lot of the yarn into messy bun hats and sell them so that part of the yarn stash goes down. It also gives me something to do in the evenings. 

Today

I have a parcel to mail, some housework to do, and the sewing room to clean up. Tonight it will be knitting. It is not going to be exciting for the next while but we will get through this being careful and safe. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment