Monday, November 30, 2020

Self Care

 Yesterday was a nice late fall day. The high got to 7.6C and the low this morning is -1C. It is suppose to get to 9C. We are actually having some nice weather before it rains tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

I crashed and burned yesterday. I have a very sore spot in on hip from bringing up the Dyson vacuum cleaner. I pulled something lifting it up the stairs to the landing as I felt it hurt. 

We were out to see the renovations at family's house yesterday afternoon. The cupboards are in and they look fabulous. They have done a nice job of choosing everything and it looks great together. 

There were 11 new cases of the virus reported and all but one are in the Halifax region. That one case is in the area where we go to buy some of our meat. 

We have put together a plan, are following directives, and I'm a wreck. Not sleeping well at night and my IBS has flared up again. It is stress and anxiety related. I am going to have a nap today to help calm down. 

Sewing

I didn't sew at all yesterday. I did do the list of what I need to sew in December. Three items plus hem the curtains. For knitting it is 2 items. If there is more time, I will do more, if not, I will be happy with what I get done. 

I sewed only 3.5 meters of fabric in November. Masks and doll clothes -- all small items. I have sewn 80 meters to date. December will be about 7 meters and I will be happy with that. 

My goal for 2021 is to use up more of the stash and to buy less. The store I buy from has a booming business and I can stay away until they either open the doors again for in-store shopping or the end of February. I am also putting together a list of items I want to make for the dolls, the fall fair, and for gifts. I can enjoy the process and relax rather than churn out items as fast as I can. 

Knitting

I finished the grey hat, the lady wants it and then I took it apart to make it longer. Only in my house does that happen. I will finish it today. 

Today

I am out the door in a minute to take grandson to school, then breakfast, out the door for son, and hopefully a nap. I am taking the better part of the day for self care and if I hem a curtain, it will be a bonus. 

Until the next time...............................................



No comments:

Post a Comment