Saturday, November 07, 2020

An Outfit Finished

 Yesterday was a warm day with a high of 18C. This morning it is 14C and the sun is trying to shine. Another lovely day for us. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has the yard ready for winter. He finished trimming the hedge and wrapped burlap around the rose bushes. 

I had a lazy morning yesterday doing a big load of laundry and a bit of housework. I was researching outfits for the dolls. 

We had 2 new cases of the virus reported yesterday and 4 cases have recovered. 

Sewing

It was a busy time in the sewing room getting the sailor outfit finished. I got the eyelets in and then spent a few minutes making some machine made ones on scraps of fabric. The buttons, snaps, and ribbons were then added and the outfit is done. 


I'm ready to cut out the sailor hat and sew it today. Then better photos of the outfit. 

My research has been around Addy's clothes but I've been looking at patterns I found that are for other historical costumes. 

Butterick 3187


This pattern has me thinking about the blue outfit I made when testing a blouse pattern. 


I'm still not sure of which character it will go with but it does fit in with the era I have chosen. 

Simplicity 9723


Though these outfits are suppose to go with Mary Poppins, the blue outfit is very similar to Addy's school outfit. 

I am not buying these patterns as I have no use for them. I was looking for ideas and they came up on a couple of searches. 

Knitting

I tried the sweater on Anna and it fits her fairly well. Not as tight but not baggy. 


I worked on the test pattern and finished the evening with row 21. The V design in the front is done, the markers removed and the stitch count is correct. 


It is a really lovely pattern to knit and so far I've found no mistakes. In the front V two buttons are to be sewn and I have 2 clear flower buttons that might do the trick. I have to look for some very soft blue buttons for down the back. 

Today

Housework is on the agenda along with sewing the sailor hat. I hope to knit this evening. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment