Monday, November 02, 2020

Halloween Packed Up For Another Year

 Our weather was cool for the last few days and today it is warm and wet. Post tropical storm Zeta arrived last night and it has been windy and rainy since 11 p.m. We had almost an inch of rain last night and it is still raining today. The temperature at 6 a.m. was 14C. Much nicer than -5C on Halloween morning. 

Lifestyle

Halloween is over and we had a safe one at our house. Daughter-in-law came up with an ingenious idea and we went with it. Enter and exit lanes, candy down a tube, social distancing, and us wearing masks was the name of the game. 


We sat in the garage entrance with the candy tube and the kids could say "trick or treat" but no singing or yelling. We were thanked for what we did this year for safety. 

When done, we put everything into the garage and spent 90 minutes cleaning up inside yesterday morning. I have the tub to put away but the garage is spotless. 

We had 5 new cases reported on Oct. 31 and 2 yesterday. We now have 13 active cases in the province. Eleven of the cases are related to travel outside the Atlantic bubble and 2 are under investigation. The last time we had double digit numbers was in early June. We are being advised to stop non essential travel outside the bubble. We are now planning on restocking and staying home more. 

Sewing

I found a new website about dolls. The lady has a lot of them but it is how she has set up her doll room, customized dolls to be Laura and Almanzo and her stories about them that I really enjoyed. 

As I read her blog, I thought about buying Addy to represent the Afro Nova Scotia community and just may do that. I have no specific story or character to go with her but there are a lot of stories here about these wonderful people. Poverty, resilience, and success. I also have her free patterns for wardrobe from AG Playthings.

Other than dream and pick Christmas fabric for masks, I've done no sewing. 

Knitting

The forever sweater still needs the snaps sewn onto the back opening and a button on the collar. I did start a messy bun hat and have finished 3 of the 11 pattern repeats on it. It is easy knitting when you're tired. 

Today

I have some housework to do, budget to start, and some sewing to be done (test pattern). I will also knit on the hat and plan my next project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment