Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Working On A Test Pattern

 Yesterday was cold. The wind was the culprit and it made you feel cold to the core. Around 1 p.m., it started to snow. By 4 p.m. we had an inch on the ground. The high was just above freezing and this morning it was -5C. The sun is shining and, though it will be cold today, there is a warming trend starting tomorrow. 


Lifestyle

After breakfast, the Spousal Unit and I headed out to get him what he needed. We were prepared to go down the valley but didn't have to. We were home in good time and that is when we noticed how cold it was outside. 

I rested in the morning as I am having quite a time adjusting to the time change. Awake at 4 - 5 a.m. and exhausted by 7 p.m. We are trying to adjust to the time and hope by next week we have our clocks reset. 

We had one new case of the virus reported yesterday. It is related to others that are under investigation. They are still saying there is no community spread. We have 16 active cases and are being asked to be vigilant as the virus is in every corner of the province waiting for someone to let down their guard (Premier of NS). 

Sewing

I spent several hours in the sewing room doing the test pattern. I have the top almost done. 


The pattern is well drafted and goes together easily. I chose a cute stripe that has been singing to me for a while. Every time I go into the quilt store, I head for it. This is the perfect outfit for the fabric. 

I was amazed at how ell the collar went on. Before I knew it, it was on perfectly. 


Next up I have to do the hem on the bottom of the top and then move on to the pants. The last item I will make will be the sailor's hat. 

Keeper's Dolly Duds (Eve Coleman) has designed a Little Women's dress for the character Amy and is working on the outfits for the rest of the characters. I do hope these become test patterns. 

Knitting

I knit on the messy bun hat last night and am 8 rows from starting the decreasing rows. As I want to have this a closed hat, I will be doing more rows of decreasing. I have to figure this out as I go. 

Next up is a sweater for a doll. The latest doll patterns are crochet which I do not do. So I will knit what ever I want until a pattern comes along. 

Today

I have a stew in the crockpot. I want to clean the kitchen, do a bit of laundry and then sew. Tonight I will knit. We are staying close to home for a couple of days. The snow will be gone by then and I can go out and do some more Christmas shopping. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment