Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Knitting Progress On A Messy Bun Hat

 Yesterday the temperature dropped all day and night. This morning it was -1C at 6 a.m. and it continues to be cool. There is suppose to flurries during the day and evening. 

Lifestyle

I spent a bit of time researching an uncle of mine (married into the family) as Ancestry has free access to military records until Nov. 11. We know he served Britain during WWI in Egypt and I think he received medals during my search. We also know he served in Canada during WWII. He talked a little bit about it but nothing about his job. I could find nothing about him on Ancestry at that time was we think he was secret service. 

While researching him, I found his marriage license. This uncle was a baker trained in England when he was in the orphanage. He owned a bakery in BC and it was a busy shop. But, what was a surprise, was he wrote he was a baker in Wolfville Nova Scotia. That is a community not far from us. We had always thought he worked in logging with my dad's family when he came to Canada. He married my dad's sister and his own sister married my dad's uncle. Not so. A bit more research in Wolfville will need to be done to see if he owned a bakery there in the 1930's. 

After I got through all of that, I did September's budget and then rested during the afternoon. I think I napped as I was awake a lot with the wind on Sunday night's storm. 

Sewing

I spent a bit of time researching Addy's original meet outfit and am thinking of designing it myself. The dress is buttoned down the front, has a waistband to attached a pleated skirt. The dress is striped in a color called cinnamon pink and white. I keep thinking about how to do it and will have to sit at my desk and do it. I have enough knowledge and patterns to figure this out. 

Knitting

I am making good progress on the messy bun hat. 

I am over half done the pattern rows now and am enjoying knitting it. 

I still need to finish the doll's sweater and will have to bring up the snaps and button for it. 

Today

We was out to shop this morning at 7 a.m. and we need to go out again. Then it will be down to the basement to sew the test pattern and prepare myself for a mask making session. I have 5 to make using Christmas fabrics. Tonight is knitting. 

Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment