Wednesday, November 11, 2020

A Glorious Sunny Day

 Yesterday was delightfully warm with a high of 24C. The sun shone, the wind was warm and we thoroughly enjoyed it. This morning it is 8C and we are to have a repeat of yesterday. From here, it gets cooler. 

Lifestyle

After starting the laundry and rotating the mattress, we headed outside to hang the Christmas lights. Before lunch we got the lights up around the garage door. The postman stopped to tell us we were too early but we've promised not to put them on yet. After lunch, we did around the front door. I did a lot of cleaning this year prior to putting up the lights so everything is clean. 

The Spousal Unit mowed most of the lawn yesterday after we finished up the lights. It certainly did need doing again as it is healthy and vigorous. 

We arrived here 3 years ago today. It was warm when we landed in Halifax at 1 a.m. 

We had 4 reported cases of the virus. One was on Monday and 3 yesterday. There are no hospitalizations. We continue to monitor where the cases are and so far, we have not or do not go into those areas. 

Sewing

I finished the doll's outfit and I do like it. 


There is a lot to like about this outfit. The pattern is quite easy to sew, the ribbons add a cute contrast, and the hat finishes outfit. 


The trim on the sailor's collar is from the fabric and I used a bias tape maker rather than fold and press. 


I did line the hat as I am not a fan of the seams showing in the crown. It was easy to do. 

I am now ready to clean the sewing room prior to sewing masks. 

Knitting

I worked on knitting the test dress and am about half done the skirt. I am enjoying knitting this pattern as it is easy and the results are stunning. 

Today

As businesses are closed due to Remembrance Day, I will do more housework, start to clean up the sewing room, and knit. If the weather is warm this afternoon, I may sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment