Thursday, November 26, 2020

Embroidery On Masks

 Yesterday was cool and calm. We saw a high of 2C on the thermometer. This morning it is 4C, wet, and it will get warmer all day. We are to see it get to 10C during the night. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we went to New Minas to get the Spousal Unit a couple of lamps for the puzzle table. We also go a bulb for my lamp. We were in and out of two stores and on our way home. 

My lamp that I use on the sewing machine cabinet is dead. In the garbage dead. The new bulb didn't help. At over 15 years old, I guess it has the right to die. I will return the new bulb the next time we go shop in New Minas. 

There were 16 cases of the virus reported yesterday; down 51% from Tuesday. No one is in the hospital. People were out shopping so they can stay home for the next 2 weeks to help flatten the curve. The new restrictions start today in the Halifax region and there is word we are to get more of them at a news conference today. 

Sewing

We drove by the quilt store yesterday on the way home form our short shopping trip. People are back to ordering and picking up at the shop. 

I embroidered a Christmas mask for our friend on the west coast.


The embroidery went fast after I chose the colors. I got the front seamed sewn so I could see it put together. I love it. 

I have a second design of snowflakes that I will make him a second mask to wear over the holidays and through the winter. I think he will be set for now. 

Once this mask session is done, I will spend a day cleaning the sewing room. I'm swimming in a mess trying to get things completed and shipped. 

Knitting

I finished the second messy bun hat and the lady is not liking the yarn she chose. 


I will start the grey one next and then a navy denim one. I will not cast off the grey one and send her pictures of it. If she doesn't like it, I will finish it as a toque for me.

I knit another row on the doll's headband before I went to bed. I will knit on it when I have time. 

Today

We are starting our stay at home spell. The weather has cooperated by raining. It will be housework, sewing, knitting, and hoping the curve will flatten. 

Until the next time........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment