Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Two Test Patterns Done

The weather has been a little bit of everything. Sunshine, wind, clouds, snow flurries, and, last night, rain/snow combo. The temperature this morning is 1C and is suppose to sunny with a high of 4C. 
We had 12 hours of daylight yesterday. 

Lifestyle

We have been self isolating as everyone on our street has been. You look out and wonder if it isn't house arrest the street is so quiet. With 6 presumptive and 1 confirmed case in Nova Scotia everyone seems to have hunkered down to keep the curve flat. 
We have been puttering inside the house. The Spousal Unit is working on another puzzle and is doing quite well. He tries to go out and walk about the yard daily. I've been doing a bit of housework each day. Yesterday I cleaned the bedroom. I am finding it harder to stay motivated but am working on it. 

Sewing

I got the doll's romper (playsuit) done yesterday. No issues with the pattern at all. 
I had a piece of organza ribbon the color of the fabric and used it instead of the fabric tie. 
The back was a bit more challenging to finish. I ended up hand sewing the bottom of the button tab in place and it turned out perfect. 
The pictures are poor and I want to redo them this morning. 
Now, it is time to sew the Regency dress. I need to get it done also. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater I was knitting. The yarn is quite fine and lovely to knit. I'm not a huge fan of the style but it does fit the doll well. 
I also need to fiddle with the bows. They are too large. 
I can now focus on the other test pattern and get it going. It will take me at least 2 weeks to knit. 

Today

We are at home again. I'm putting together a shopping list as I can shop from 7-8 a.m. 6 days a week at one of our local grocery stores. I hope to get more housework done, work on the Regency dress and the knitting test pattern. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment