Saturday, March 14, 2020

Self Isolation - More and More

Yesterday the weather was lovely. The temperature went up to 9.3C between 11 p.m. and midnight. This morning, it is 3C and it looks like it will be a nice day. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to shop yesterday and it was busy in the store. I was really surprised but I shouldn't have been. It was Friday and the start of Spring Break. We wiped down the cart, did our shopping, loaded up the car and headed home. We did notice that there was no toilet paper, it was posted there was no hand sanitizer, and we saw no Kraft Dinner. It was on sale. Other than that, not too bad in the store. 
Though there are no cases of Covid-19 in Nova Scotia, there is a lot of ramping up on how to keep yourself safe. We have been following the suggestions and are staying home more; something we've been doing for quite a while. There was a nasty cold and flu going around earlier and we didn't get it. Right now, we are going out when necessary and will be doing self isolation more and more. People could be traveling over spring break. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was tired. I did deliver the pillow to the library. It was greatly appreciated. 
I am waiting for a new pattern to be loaded so I can test it this weekend. It has put the Regency dress on hold for a few days. As with other items I need to make. There is still one more pattern to test and that designer has 2 more ready to be submitted for testing. It looks like there will be a lot of dolly sewing in the next couple of months. 

Knitting

I did pick up my knitting last night and got 4 or 6 rows done.  The knit rows are read as you knit due to decreases across the fronts and back. I can enjoy purling on the way back. I did get the first eyelets done where the ribbon goes through. I did look up this designer and have one of her patterns that I really didn't like. I may try it again when there is a drought on testing patterns to see if it is me or her. That helps me decide if I will test more of her patterns. I really comes down to fitting the doll and how well the patterns are written. 

Today

We are out for a bit today and then it's down to the sewing room to work. I will knit this evening as I would love to cast off the hat and cast on the sweater. It's time to get it started. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment