Thursday, March 05, 2020

A Doll's Dress Is Done

Yesterday saw some rain and warm temperatures; a high of 8C. Then the wind came in and it had a real bite to it. This morning it is 1C, some wind, and the sun is trying to shine. We are being reminded that winter is not done with us yet. 

Lifestyle

We were out for haircuts yesterday, home, and out later in the afternoon. We were over to the neighbors for birthday cake last night. It was a fun evening with 15 people in total. 

Sewing

I spent some quality time in the sewing room and finished A Garden Tea Dress. I turned the bodice right side out, pinned. and pressed it well. It looked great. 
The little side seams went together without any issues and I was ready to put on the skirt. After serging and sewing the hems, I gathered it and it went on easily. I hand sewed down the lining to hide the gathers, added a snap and made the bow. Done by 3 p.m.
I put it on Grace. She is the slimmest of all my AG dolls. It fits her to perfection. 
I've shrunk the pattern down to do a muslin for the Gotz dolls. If it works, I will make one for them in different fabrics. 
There is enough stripe fabric left to make a blouse I'm lusting after. Another lady made one and I love it. I'm getting it for the end of the month treat. I'll make a skirt to go with it. It is for the Gotz dolls. 
The fabric is ready for the Regency dress. It has polyester in it as it came out of the dryer with no wrinkles. I'm prepared for that. 

Knitting

None was done last night as we didn't get home until 8:30 p.m. 

Today

The kitchen gets a good cleaning today and then it's downstairs to start the Regency dress. I'm looking forward to working on it. I may knit tonight depending on how tired I am. Poor night's sleep last night due to the wind beating against the house. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment