Sunday, March 08, 2020

Progress Is Being Made

Yesterday's weather verged on ugly. High winds, light snow, and a high of -4C was what we got. This morning it is calm, -6C and clear. At 4 a.m. the moon was shining so bright I thought the neighbors had their porch lights on. We seem to be starting a warming trend, which will be nice. 

Lifestyle

With the kitchen starting to shine, I cleaned the pantry. Everything came out, shelves were scrubbed as was the floor, and all went back in organized. We need a few things but not a lot. With that done, I also cleaned under the sink. A couple of doors also got a good wiping as I missed them on day one of the kitchen clean up. 
The Spousal Unit organized the new puzzle and we got the edge done. It was a bit of a challenge but once we got the feel of it, it went together quite well. I also did the sign on the truck as all the pieces were easy to find. I'll help when necessary but now the puzzle is his project. 

Sewing

I got the second sleeve into the dress and the sleeve band on the first sleeve. The sleeves are quite unique. The cut out piece has a channel which you put cording through. I used crochet cotton which may be a bit heavy. 
The cording is gathered up tight and knotted. The bottom edge is gathered and put onto a sleeve band. 
You can barely see the little keyhole opening in the sleeve. I'm ready to work on the second sleeve. I was 2 hours doing this much. The bodice is a lot of work when using a fragile fabric. I am hoping once the bodice is done, the skirt will go together easier though it does have a bias strip at the waist. I'm worried about that. 
The pdf patterns for the dolls got a bit more organization. The dresses folder is more organized with Knit, Woven, and Gown folders. With these, I will add folders for AG and Gotz. I have been pulling patterns off the tetra drive to put into the proper categories on the computer. It will be messy for a while longer. 
I also did the next lesson on digitizing. I need to do the lesson on the PC and then submit. It is amazing how much I am learning. I'm looking for a drawing to do the challenge. 

Knitting

I knit on the sweater and unknit as I didn't do a buttonhole. It is now done and I'm knitting once again. I need to knit on the hat again. 

Today

I'm not sure if I will do any cleaning today but if I do it will be the dining area. I am going to sew and knit. If no housework, I will do a bit of shopping. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment