Saturday, March 07, 2020

Regency Era Dress Begun

Yesterday was cool with a high of 3C. The sun did shine though. This morning it is -5C and the wind is blowing. They say periods of snow today with winds up to 80 km/hour. Lion weather if you ask me. 

Lifestyle

This coming week is going to be a good one. We have

  • Time Change
  • Full Moon
  • Friday 13
Yesterday, I cleaned the fridge. It was a big job as I did expiry date and had to clean up the mess to recycle. But, it is done. The freezer needs to be defrosted and scrubbed which will be done when it has less in it. Overall, it was great to get this job off the to-do list. 
The Spousal Unit and I finished the puzzle. It was a hard one. We would put in 2-5 pieces a day and then remove 1-2 of them the next day. Even the last 20 pieces were hard to get in. I'm sure we tried them in every spot we could three times before we got the right combination. 
We barbecued last night. First time this year. It was cool but it was great to do it. We do miss barbecuing in the winter and look forward to many more meals done this way. 

Sewing

I cut out the lining for the Regency dress and began sewing the little pieces together. The rose fabric frays so it needs a gentle touch. I am using a 70/10 needle and the light weight setting on the sewing machine. The stitch length is 2.0. I did get the bodice and bodice lining sewn together with no problems. The sleeves were done and one was pinned in. I do love the sleeves and they are easier than they look. 
I did put it on Peggy to see how it looks. 
I quit at this point as I had been working for 90 minutes and I was getting tense. I was clenching my jaw. I walked out of the sewing room tired. 
I spent some time during the day sorting out pdf doll patterns on the computer. I have the historical patterns organized by era. As I find more, I put them into to the correct folder. I'm doing dresses now and am trying to get them organized in my mind.

Knitting

I picked up my knitting last night and got the 2nd sleeve done on one sweater. I cast on the body and am working on the 3rd row. The hat got ignored as I wasn't in the mood to deal with color changes. I will have to focus on it tonight. 

Today

A home day due to the weather. More house cleaning, sewing, and knitting. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment