Thursday, March 26, 2020

Fair Isle Knitting

Yesterday was quite sunny and the high was 5C. The clouds did come in and we are now waiting for the snow to fall, once again. 

Lifestyle

I made a huge pot of pea and ham soup yesterday. I did a crock pot version and it was very good. I also baked buns to go with it. We had a delicious dinner with left overs for tonight. 
I took the day off from cleaning the house as I was tired. I didn't sleep well the night before worrying about everything and everyone. I've had to think hard about my mental health and am going to continue on with what we are doing. If we do anymore, we will not be going out to shop. I will go out to shop but not a lot more. Friends and family are fine so that has taken a weight off my mind. The only other thing I'm going to do is look at the news only twice a day.  

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday. I just couldn't focus on the skirt and was second guessing myself. That equals mistake making. I've decided to work on it until I'm finished it. If there is time, I will do Halloween sewing and piping. I'm hoping to get a box sent to daughter April 1. 

Knitting

I did knit and unknit during the afternoon and evening. But, I did finish knitting the doll's sweater. 
I still have to graft the stitches under the arm and weave in all the yarn ends. It fits the doll beautifully. 
It is a really sweet sweater even if it is a lot of work. I am slow at fair isle knitting but I did enjoy doing this small project. I may tackle another one when there is a lull in pattern testing. 

Today

I have to disinfect the house as I'm trying to keep up on it. Once this is done, I will sew on the Christmas skirt and finish up the doll's sweater. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment