Monday, March 30, 2020

Grateful

Yesterday was another warm day. 11C was the high. No windows opened as it was too windy. Today it was 1C at 6 a.m. and cloudy. Only suppose to get to 3C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I wrote (and trashed) a post on being grateful. My list changed several times during the day. 
  • I am grateful we have such caring daughter-in-law. She is doing all our shopping as the virus is in our community. I text, she delivers. 
  • I am grateful I live in a province where the premier has lots of guts. He ended the education part of social distancing and being where you shouldn't be. The first ticket for this was issued early yesterday afternoon. The person's vehicle was towed away. His message was strong and his actions great for the reckless few who think the way they do. 
  • I am grateful for social media. I can keep in touch with those who live far away from us. 
Both the Spousal Unit and I are finding it hard as there certainly is a difference between wanting to self isolate and having to self isolate. We will get through this as will many others. We are not basking in self pity and trying to keep it positive. 

Sewing

I trashed the Christmas skirt I was making. The burlap/jute was fraying too much. I will start it again when I can get a wide jute colored fabric to use as an underlining. Instead I made 4+ meters of piping and prepped a box to send to daughter. 
 I will make more piping over the next month as I do have the supplies for it. I did the bag in the bottom left corner, the others are from earlier this month. 
  • As I sat sewing, I was grateful for the stash I have, even if I have a love/hate relationship with it. 
  • I'm grateful for the all the notions I have. 
I wonder how much will be left when we can finally get out to shop. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater yesterday afternoon and evening. It is a cute pattern. 
  • I'm grateful for the stash of yarn I have and the designers who need their patterns tested. 

Today

It is my birthday and we are not celebrating. We will do that later on. It is my day so I am going to redo the Chatty Chicken lessons this morning and sew this afternoon. Knitting tonight. Self isolating to help flatten the curve. 
Until the next time................................



2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday! Even though I don't know you, I enjoy reading your daily updates of your life in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Ann! I hope you find joy in the day.

    ReplyDelete