Saturday, March 21, 2020

Regency Era Dress Complete

Yesterday's rain stopped in the morning. It was grey but not too dull. The rain started again in the evening for a bit and then it was just cloudy. The temperature rose all day to 14C at 1 a.m. It is 8C at 6 a.m. and will cool off today. We will have it cold for the next couple of days. 

Lifestyle

With self isolation, I spent an hour yesterday morning setting up the Spousal's iPad so he can read books from the library's ebook selection. He has 3 to read and 1 on hold. I will be doing this for him on a regular basis as the library is closed and we are not going to the used book store we love.  We are doing our best to stay home except for grocery shopping. 
I did get the front entrance area cleaned up yesterday. The stairs to the basement need doing as the vacuum cleaner needed to be charged just as I got to it. 

Sewing

I spent a full 3 hours in the sewing room finishing the Bib Front Regency dress. It was tense until I got it together as the fabric wanted to fray like crazy. Once it was together, I relaxed some and got it done. 
I put snaps on the bib to keep it closed. Tiny ones that wanted to dance across the floor when they jumped off the fabric. I won in the end even if it took 2 tries. 
The skirt back is interesting. It has pleats and gathers and goes from the bodice front around to the other side. One of the pleats sits at the side seam perfectly. 
The back is simple but very effective. The cording that gathers the front skirt ties in the back. 
Kit and Peggy decided to model their outfits together. 
I took stock of notions yesterday and may have to order online a few things. Fabricville has announced they are closing their stores for 10 days which I agree with. 

Knitting

I knit on the second sweater last night. I am about half done it; the fair isle part is done and I'm knitting the sleeve in the light green color. I will be focusing on it more as another test pattern is coming our way soon. 

Today

I need to do more housework, laundry, and clean the sewing room up and prep for the next project. I am going to finish the spring wall hanging next. Knitting tonight. In all, another self-isolation day. 
Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment