Sunday, March 01, 2020

Table Runner Done To Hand Sewing

Yesterday's sunshine ended at 1:30 p.m. when we watched the snow come down the hills. Big flakes floated to the ground. It continued to snow until 8 p.m. This morning, the sun shone and it snowed at the same time. We are to get more snow today. I know one area on the way to Halifax had the cloud over it most of the afternoon and night. We were lucky.

Lifestyle

Paper work is done except for a quick review today. Then I have 2 weeks off before I do more. We decided to have frugal February and it went well. Nothing has to be cut but we don't have to do nothing either. We just need to be careful. 
We headed out to vote in the municipal election for our county. We had a 10 minute drive and it was there that we watched the snow come down the hills. We drove home the longer way and stopped at the library on our way home. The Spousal Unit got more books to read. 
Snow at 5 pm. 

Sewing

I won the war with the table runner. The stitching is perfect and the binding is on. I will set it aside to hand stitch when the embroidery machine is running. 
As I had problems with this topper and the machine is set up with the walking foot, I'm going to sew the small one for the antique server before starting March's sewing. Then I can take off the walking foot until March 23 when I may need it again. 
I also worked on designing the next wall hanging. I'm having problems with it as I don't like the side design. I'm trying to do a shamrock on my own through create. 

Knitting

I started one sweater yesterday using an expensive yarn. I got 8 rows done and couldn't see row 9. It was in the pattern but not where people wanted to see it. I can proceed on it today. I'm loving it so far (one sleeve started).
I also am starting "Little Flock" in a thicker yarn. I have 5 weeks to knit this in. 
I started with the hat and have 3 of the 5 rows of corrugated ribbing done. You cast on with two colors of yarn so the white (in my case) is the cast on edge. Then you use both colors to knit the ribbing. It isn't flexible like regular ribbing as there is no stretch at all in the ribbing. I need to buy the bright green and black yarn for the design. I have the rest. 
These two sweaters are my March knitting. I'm slow at faire isle knitting and want to do a good job on it. 

Today

A bit of paper review, a bit of house work, a bit of shopping, and then sewing and knitting. With the snow falling, it is a stay at home kind of day. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment