Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Heavy Snow Is Falling

Today is a perfect day to self isolate. It started snowing at 3 a.m. and it is still snowing heavily. There was almost 2" on the ground at 9:30 a.m.
This picture was taken 2 hours ago and the Spousal Unit had shoveled the driveway 20 minutes prior to me getting home. They say it could turn to rain later today. I'm not holding my breath the way it is snowing at the moment. Big flakes and plenty of them. 

Lifestyle

I was out and at the grocery store just before 7 a.m. First person in and not many people shopping when I left. Probably due to the weather. I stocked up for 10 days. The coup today was Lysol wipes so I can keep the counters disinfected. Used only plastic bags and they are in the recycle bin. 
Two boys were out shortly after I got home, playing with their dogs. Both got their exercise and both are bored to death. We talked a bit from across the road. 

Sewing

I started daughter's tree skirt yesterday. Got the circle cut out of burlap (made me itchy) and remembered I had gingham bias tape in the stash. I am using it up for the areas that needed trim. 
The left over piece will become ties. If I can't get the circle to lie flat, I am going to thread elastic into it and tighten it up a bit. 
Next up will be the gingham ruffle. I have a plan in place on how to do it. 

  1. Divide the circle into 4 sections.
  2. Each section will have 120" of ruffle that is 8" wide.
  3. Each ruffle will be rolled hemmed.
  4. I will gather each section separately and zig zag it onto the edge. The raw edge of the ruffle will be covered with lace. 
I'm pretty sure this will work if I take my time, overlap the ends, and enjoy the process. I have lots of time to work on this. 

Knitting

I finished the fair isle last night I quite like the design.
Easy knitting here on in. 

Today

I will be disinfecting the counter tops, shoveling snow, sewing, and knitting. There isn't a lot to do today. 
Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment