Friday, March 20, 2020

A Drive In The Sunshine

Yesterday was sunny with a high of 7C. Today it is 7C and wet. We could see 12C today.

Lifestyle

After doing 90 minutes of housework, we went for a drive. We went out around an area we sort of know but took a route we didn't know. GPS keeps us on track. When we got closer to home, we took the long way adding another 20 minutes to our outing. We were gone for an hour with no stopping for bathroom or food. We ate lunch when we got home. I have to say it added a bit of interest to our day. 
My throat has recovered from the aftermath of the disinfecting spray. 

Sewing

I had a fairly good day in the sewing room. I got the digitizing done and am ready for the next lesson. I will post it today. 
I worked on the Regency dress and the cording took me an hour to turn. My original plan did not work so I had to rethink what I was doing. I finally got it to work using a snip in the fold, stitching heavy thread at the snip and threading it down the tube using the needle eye end first. After that, it was easy sewing. I finished the front to the hem. 
The back of the skirt is cut out and ready to sew. I am hoping to have it done today. I am going to sew snaps on to hold up the bib front. I'll do a button and buttonhole on the tabs that hold the under bodice closed. 

Knitting

I finished one sleeve of the test pattern and it is darn cute. 
I'm working on the ribbing for the second sleeve. 

Today

It is a home day and I will do more housework, sewing and knitting. 
Until the next time........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment