Monday, July 01, 2019

Worrisome Fabrics Are Dealt With

Happy Canada Day
Yesterday was another dark and cloudy day. The high was about 16C and the low was 13C. We had a down pour in the late afternoon with 1/4" of rain falling in 5 minutes. It rained nearly an inch with another inch over night. It is cloudy outside with chances of showers today. 

Lifestyle

We stayed home yesterday and didn't do a lot. The Spousal Unit puttered in the garden and I went to the sewing room. After lunch, we both had a good nap. Mine last 1.5 hours which is not usual for me. 

Health

I had one good talk to myself and followed the plan yesterday. It feels much better following good eating habits rather than snacking on foods that make me feel rotten after they are consumed. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room to work on the worrying fabrics. I need them off the shelf. All were purchases that didn't happen for one reason or another. 

Fabric #1

I bought a piece linen drapery fabric 3 years ago. I only got 1 meter of it for pillows. When home, the fabric was too yellow for our house. I stashed it. Yesterday, it went under the rotary cutter. The color is faded in this picture.
It is becoming a reusable bag. There is another smaller piece that will become a smaller bag. As per my guidelines, I will have to buy a piece of fabric to line the smaller bag. And maybe a button for each bag. 
The time consuming part of these bags is serging the cut edges. They fray and I want these bags to last. 

Fabric #2

I bought this drapery fabric to make something to display in the store to help it sell. It had sat long enough on a shelf being overlooked. I liked it but had no real project in mind. (Mindless purchase?). Nothing came to mind using what the store sold so it also languished in the stash for 3 years. 
I am going to make 2 wall art hangings which I stretch over painter's canvas. If there is any good pieces left over, I will do smaller ones. These will go into the downstairs bathroom. I need to buy the canvas either on sale or with coupons. This project will take a while to complete. But it is planned and I'm happy. 

The Lobster Fabric

The goal for the lobster fabric is to cut two more placemats to match this one. With the second one made, I will have 4 of them. 
Then I will measure and cut 4 more placemats of a different style. Once they are done, I will make the napkins and reusable bags. 

Knitting

I worked on the doll's dress yesterday and it is an interesting pattern. You knit 2 rows increasing on both side of the sleeves and then cast off the sleeves. You don't have to cast on stitches under the arm. Love this idea. I'm ready to knit row 37 (buttonhole row). Soon it will be time to start the skirt. 

Today

It's my last full day in the sewing room and I'm going to make the most of it. I have a lot of fabric to press and the linen bag to sew. I will also cut out the lobster placemats so I can sew on them when I have a bit of extra time. I am also going to start a shopping list as I need thread, buttons and 1 piece of bag lining for sure. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment