Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Cut Once Cuss Twice

Though yesterday's temperature got to 24C, it felt cooler with the wind. There was a shower in the evening which made it muggy. Today, we are under a heat warning with temperatures nearing 30C with a humidex of 33C. Bet it gets warmer than that. 

Lifestyle

The living area was cleaned yesterday. As I dusted, I noticed yellow pollen on the middle window and the heater under it. That window is open every night hence the pollen. I also cleaned down the steps but the carpet treads still need to be vacuumed. The hand held vacuum cleaner was charging at that point. Another room dealt with. 
With the coolness of the wind, the Spousal Unit mowed the lawns. He did it over two cuttings, having a water break in between. 

Health

Though my soreness up and down one leg is better due to stretching and moving about more, my IBS symptoms are still there. I am working out what are trigger foods and two that seem to have emerged are dairy (other than cheese) and wheat. I'm trying to limit the dairy and am going to severely limit wheat. Then it's onto figuring out what else is causing it to flair up. Stress is one factor and I think that the rehab of the basement took its toll on my system. 

Sewing

Yesterday was cut once, cuss twice day in the sewing room. I cut out a skirt for the dolls from Oh Sew Kat's Four Season Skirt and I made it an inch too small. My mistake. I cut it out again and it turned out great. I added lace to the skirt and I love it. The small skirt will be fixed up so it will fit the Gotz dolls.
I also fixed the fabric flower on the plaid hat. The width of the fabric is 2.5" wide and 1.25" wide when folded. The proportion is much better. 
What will I do different the next time I make a fabric flower? Serge the raw ends to eliminate the fuzzies that appear when gathering the fabric. 

Knitting

All of the projects are on hold as I test another pattern. This is a hat and short sleeved sweater. The colors are the teals that are shown with the skirt. I will see how it turns out color wise as the pattern on the hat is really nice. I'm ready to decrease for the crown. The yarn is Paton's Silk and Bamboo and a nice yarn to knit with. 

Today

I have to look in the stash for fabric and see if I need to buy anything to go with it. This one is the lady bug one. Cleaning today is the sewing room as it is looking a bit messy and the floor needs a good sweeping. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment