Sunday, July 21, 2019

Stressed - Sewing and Knitting Issues

Yesterday was a warm one. The high got to 31C with a humidex of 39C. It was hot to be out in. This morning the temperature was 21C with a humidex of 27C. We could have rain today as there was very little dew. 

Lifestyle

It wasn't a day to be out and about so we stayed in and kept cool. Both the upstairs and downstairs heat pumps were on a/c to keep the house cool. 
Elliott loves his round scratching post. He rarely goes in it as he is too long for it. But yesterday he went in and had a rest. 
Another hiding place. 

Health

I was doing well until the stress of sewing and knitting caught up with me. Then I ate a tiny box of raisins and had a full blown IBS attack. I'm hoping that it will settle down today. 

Sewing

We got one peg board hung. And I got the embroidery hoops hung. Some are pretty dirty as the 505 spray I use to hold items in place gums them up and attracts the dirt. 
It looks pretty empty above it so I am going to make this sign to go above it. 
I also tidied up the doll's cube and started to organize it. No picture at this time as the dolls are not in a mood to model. 
I worked on the test pattern and did well until I started to sew. I had chosen a fabric that I liked, found matching ribbon and thread (bonus). I read the instructions and looked at the pictures. The fabric used in the pictures is dark and hard to see what she wants us to do. I serged seams early as I am getting anal about that. I have gotten caught a couple of times not doing it early. 
I got to the neckline and my stress level went sky high so I quit for the day. I did look at the pictures carefully and can see what she did - barely. I made a game plan for today.

Knitting

I finished the body of the sweater and love it. I picked up the first sleeve and started to knit. I'm ripping it out and starting back at row 1. I'm not sure what is wrong so I need to look at it carefully before I start up again. It could be something very simple as tying the yarns together to keep everything neat and tidy. 

Today

I have one tub to empty out and remove from the sewing room. Then it's sewing for the day. Last day to sew all day as I will need to clean house starting tomorrow. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment