Monday, July 08, 2019

Time In The Sewing Room

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with the high getting to 24C. The wind was from the north making it feel cooler when outside. Last night was cool at 11C. Windows were open all night to air out the house. Today will be another sunny warm day.

Lifestyle

Elliott is getting better. He ate more yesterday, especially the canned cat food he gets with his medication. He did sleep a lot under his blanket on the bed. But this morning he was yelling for his canned cat food and fought me when I gave him his medication. 
The Spousal Unit and I went to the meat market at Canning yesterday morning. We ordered his birthday prime rib, got some strawberries, and a bit of meat. It was a great trip.
We had strawberries for dinner last night and they were delicious. The first of the year and I know we will be buying more. 

Sewing

I spent about three hours in the sewing room yesterday afternoon. I decided to make the wall art for the downstairs bathroom. It was a struggle as I had .6 meter of fabric and needed .7 meter. I won in the end.
I'm happy with the results and they will cheer up the area. 
After that was done, I made the 4th placemat. 
I have 2 more cut out and will make them after I do other sewing. 

Knitting

I cast off the dress last night. The bottom of the skirt is about 33" from one side to the other. It needs to be blocked, have the buttons put on and ribbon at the waist. Pictures when it is done. 
Next up is to crochet a pair of shoes for the dolls. 

Today

I have to take grandson to swimming this morning, fold laundry and start the first of two bags. That means ironing the fabric and making the pattern. I'm looking forward to getting them started. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment